Two additional challengers apply for the 34th America’s Cup

Posted on 01 November 2010 by Valencia Sailing

[Source: America's Cup Race Management] Event organizers today confirmed receipt of the first entries for the 34th America’s Cup in 2013.

“We’re only a few hours into a five-month entry period, so to already have a total of four entries is a very positive sign,” said Iain Murray (AUS), Regatta Director for the 34th America’s Cup and CEO of America’s Cup Race Management (ACRM).

The 34th edition of the sport’s oldest international competition has been renewed and revitalized by a move to spectacular wing-sailed catamarans, as well as a three year program of racing in venues around the world and a new emphasis on innovative television and new media programming.

“The competitors who applied for entry today join the previously declared Italian challenger Mascalzone Latino. BMW ORACLE Racing submitted its defense application today,” Murray said.

“The other two teams will not be named as their “The other two teams will not be named as their applications are being verified. Throughout the five-month entry period, ACRM will announce the time and date when an entry has been accepted. Each team will release details of its entry publicly at their discretion. Additional entries are expected soon,” Murray added.

The entry process and validation procedures are set out in the America’s Cup Rules and can be found at americascup.com.

The entry period for the 34th America’s Cup runs from Nov. 1, 2010, to Mar.
31, 2011.

16 Comments For This Post

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and TNZ… zzzzzzzzz

  2. Anonymous Says:

    whoever! Without names it is worth absolutely nothing. They can say 20 teams registered what proof do we have.
    Another spin from the coutts/ehman lying team.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    "Artemis and TNZ"

    Good. Strong teams!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    + 39 and Schozolosa ?

  5. Anonymous Says:

    ^^ 39 and Shosh

    Poooooodles ! :)

  6. Anonymous Says:

    8:12 PM annon

    you are as stupid as hell

  7. Anonymous Says:

    If you consider that the order of entry is quite important, 2 teams is pretty poor and shows the huge interest that this cup provokes. Too bad…

  8. Anonymous Says:

    I guess they need some time to workout if these challengers are going to be competitive or not so that they can find a "legal" way of diqualifying them before it's too late.

  9. Anonymous Says:

    …and once the boats are sailing you will be glued to the TV screen like most of the other sailors that are interested in racing…

  10. Anonymous Says:

    24 Teams – BOR – ML – 2 New Teams = 20 Prospective Teams missing. Where are they?

  11. Anonymous Says:

    Absolute Joke!!

  12. Clemens Says:

    How should teams sign up with out sponsors. The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML who can afford it had been Alinghi and Origin. All the other teams have to do their homework first – don't forget by signature you have to pay the 3 mill bond that will be gone if you do not show up.
    But I am sure we will have some great surprises in the next year

  13. Anonymous Says:

    7:46 AM anon

    Kicking out teams at will actually was (is?) the speciality of Erne$to B. At least that's what he put in his proposed protocol for AC33. I don't see any such passage in the current protocl released by BMWOracle. Please enlighten me in this regard (if you can). I am afraid though, your comments are simply unsubstantiated hot air and can't be backed by facts…

  14. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and K-Challenge

  15. Anonymous Says:

    12:35 PM anon

    "The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML"

    FACTS PLEASE!!!

  16. Anonymous Says:

    Two challengers- what an embarrasment. I wonder how this is affecting negotiations with San Francisco? How long is it going to take the city to work out that Russell's promises of a large entry and significant economic benefit are just so much hot air.

Two additional challengers apply for the 34th America’s Cup

Posted on 01 November 2010 by Valencia Sailing

[Source: America's Cup Race Management] Event organizers today confirmed receipt of the first entries for the 34th America’s Cup in 2013.

“We’re only a few hours into a five-month entry period, so to already have a total of four entries is a very positive sign,” said Iain Murray (AUS), Regatta Director for the 34th America’s Cup and CEO of America’s Cup Race Management (ACRM).

The 34th edition of the sport’s oldest international competition has been renewed and revitalized by a move to spectacular wing-sailed catamarans, as well as a three year program of racing in venues around the world and a new emphasis on innovative television and new media programming.

“The competitors who applied for entry today join the previously declared Italian challenger Mascalzone Latino. BMW ORACLE Racing submitted its defense application today,” Murray said.

“The other two teams will not be named as their “The other two teams will not be named as their applications are being verified. Throughout the five-month entry period, ACRM will announce the time and date when an entry has been accepted. Each team will release details of its entry publicly at their discretion. Additional entries are expected soon,” Murray added.

The entry process and validation procedures are set out in the America’s Cup Rules and can be found at americascup.com.

The entry period for the 34th America’s Cup runs from Nov. 1, 2010, to Mar.
31, 2011.

32 Comments For This Post

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and TNZ… zzzzzzzzz

  2. Anonymous Says:

    whoever! Without names it is worth absolutely nothing. They can say 20 teams registered what proof do we have.
    Another spin from the coutts/ehman lying team.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    "Artemis and TNZ"

    Good. Strong teams!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    + 39 and Schozolosa ?

  5. Anonymous Says:

    ^^ 39 and Shosh

    Poooooodles ! :)

  6. Anonymous Says:

    8:12 PM annon

    you are as stupid as hell

  7. Anonymous Says:

    If you consider that the order of entry is quite important, 2 teams is pretty poor and shows the huge interest that this cup provokes. Too bad…

  8. Anonymous Says:

    I guess they need some time to workout if these challengers are going to be competitive or not so that they can find a "legal" way of diqualifying them before it's too late.

  9. Anonymous Says:

    …and once the boats are sailing you will be glued to the TV screen like most of the other sailors that are interested in racing…

  10. Anonymous Says:

    24 Teams – BOR – ML – 2 New Teams = 20 Prospective Teams missing. Where are they?

  11. Anonymous Says:

    Absolute Joke!!

  12. Clemens Says:

    How should teams sign up with out sponsors. The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML who can afford it had been Alinghi and Origin. All the other teams have to do their homework first – don't forget by signature you have to pay the 3 mill bond that will be gone if you do not show up.
    But I am sure we will have some great surprises in the next year

  13. Anonymous Says:

    7:46 AM anon

    Kicking out teams at will actually was (is?) the speciality of Erne$to B. At least that's what he put in his proposed protocol for AC33. I don't see any such passage in the current protocl released by BMWOracle. Please enlighten me in this regard (if you can). I am afraid though, your comments are simply unsubstantiated hot air and can't be backed by facts…

  14. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and K-Challenge

  15. Anonymous Says:

    12:35 PM anon

    "The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML"

    FACTS PLEASE!!!

  16. Anonymous Says:

    Two challengers- what an embarrasment. I wonder how this is affecting negotiations with San Francisco? How long is it going to take the city to work out that Russell's promises of a large entry and significant economic benefit are just so much hot air.

  17. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and TNZ… zzzzzzzzz

  18. Anonymous Says:

    whoever! Without names it is worth absolutely nothing. They can say 20 teams registered what proof do we have.
    Another spin from the coutts/ehman lying team.

  19. Anonymous Says:

    "Artemis and TNZ"

    Good. Strong teams!

  20. Anonymous Says:

    + 39 and Schozolosa ?

  21. Anonymous Says:

    ^^ 39 and Shosh

    Poooooodles ! :)

  22. Anonymous Says:

    8:12 PM annon

    you are as stupid as hell

  23. Anonymous Says:

    If you consider that the order of entry is quite important, 2 teams is pretty poor and shows the huge interest that this cup provokes. Too bad…

  24. Anonymous Says:

    I guess they need some time to workout if these challengers are going to be competitive or not so that they can find a "legal" way of diqualifying them before it's too late.

  25. Anonymous Says:

    …and once the boats are sailing you will be glued to the TV screen like most of the other sailors that are interested in racing…

  26. Anonymous Says:

    24 Teams – BOR – ML – 2 New Teams = 20 Prospective Teams missing. Where are they?

  27. Anonymous Says:

    Absolute Joke!!

  28. Clemens Says:

    How should teams sign up with out sponsors. The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML who can afford it had been Alinghi and Origin. All the other teams have to do their homework first – don't forget by signature you have to pay the 3 mill bond that will be gone if you do not show up.
    But I am sure we will have some great surprises in the next year

  29. Anonymous Says:

    7:46 AM anon

    Kicking out teams at will actually was (is?) the speciality of Erne$to B. At least that's what he put in his proposed protocol for AC33. I don't see any such passage in the current protocl released by BMWOracle. Please enlighten me in this regard (if you can). I am afraid though, your comments are simply unsubstantiated hot air and can't be backed by facts…

  30. Anonymous Says:

    Artemis and K-Challenge

  31. Anonymous Says:

    12:35 PM anon

    "The only teams besides BOR and the paid by Larry ML"

    FACTS PLEASE!!!

  32. Anonymous Says:

    Two challengers- what an embarrasment. I wonder how this is affecting negotiations with San Francisco? How long is it going to take the city to work out that Russell's promises of a large entry and significant economic benefit are just so much hot air.

Leave a comment



Yachtcharter- More than 15.000 offers!

 

Sailing Calendar